Part Two: The Celebration of the Christian Mysteries › Section Two of Part Two: The Seven Sacraments of the Church ›› CHAPTER 1: The Sacraments of Christian Initiation ››› Article 3: The Sacrament of the Eucharist ›››› IN BRIEF
Questions and Answers
1. the proclamation of the Word of God
2. the thanksgiving to the Father
3. the Consecration of the gifts
4. the reception of Holy Communion.
1. to make reparation for the sins of the living and the dead
2. to obtain spiritual or temporal benefits from God.
1. an increase of union with Christ
2. forgiveness of venial sins
3. preservation from future mortal sins
4. strengthening of the Church
5. helping the unity of the Church.
1. identifying us with Christ’s Heart
2. sustaining our strength along the pilgrimage of this life
3. making us long for eternal life
4. uniting us even now to the Church in heaven.