Part Two: The Celebration of the Christian Mysteries › Section Two of Part Two: The Seven Sacraments of the Church ›› CHAPTER 2: The Sacraments of Healing ››› Article 5: The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
› IN BRIEF
Questions and Answers
1. commendation of the ill to Christ that He may raise them up and save them
2. the exhortation that they may unite themselves with Him.
“Is any among you sick? Let him call for the priests of the Church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.”
1. if somebody received the Anointing of the sick, recovers his health and again falls gravely sick
2. if the condition of the sick becomes more serious during the same illness.
1. silent laying hands on the sick
2. prayer over him
3. anointing with blessed oil.
1. union with Christ’s Passion
3. forgiveness of sins
4. restoration of health in spirit and body
5. preparation for death.
The order of the points has been changed to conform this question with CCC 1532.
2. Anointing of the Sick