Part One: The Profession of Faith › Section Two of Part One: The Profession of the Christian Faith: The Creeds ›› CHAPTER 3: I Believe in the Holy Spirit ››› Article 9: “I Believe in the Holy Catholic Church” ›››› §5 The Communion of the Saints
› IN BRIEF
Questions and Answers
(1) Christ and all the faithful form one Body since they are governed by one and the same Spirit.
(2) In a body the good of one member is communicated to all others.
(3) Thus: In the Church the good of each, especially of Christ, is communicated to all others.
1. communion in spiritual goods (Latin: sáncta)
2. communion among holy persons (Latin: sáncti).
1. in the Faith
2. of the sacraments
3. of charisms
4. of possessing everything in common
5. in charity.
Acts 2:42: “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of the bread and the prayers.”
1. the militant Church on earth (Latin: ecclésia mílitans)
2. the suffering Church in purgatory (Latin: ecclésia púrgans)
3. the triumphant Church in heaven (Latin: ecclésia triúmphans).
1. by fixing her more firmly in holiness
2. by interceding for her
3. by proffering the merits that they acquired on earth.
1. to be more closely united with Christ
2. to have an example for our Christian life.